FACTS AND EXPERIENCE
Fernando's current international experience is geared towards training, consulting, developing, and communicating quantitative risk, financial applications, and decision-making models. As a consultant and trainer since 2003, he has helped organizations setting up their decision-making models and quantifying and understanding their risks.
Conceptualizing, creating, testing, communicating, and teaching quantitative risk and decision-making Excel-based models bring an array of hard and soft skills:
• Ability to understand and customize the client’s needs by understanding the industry’s business.
• Creativity and vast experience in Excel modeling techniques to develop robust and high-quality models.
• Outstanding multi-lingual communication skills to effectively convey ideas, convince audiences and motivate people at different hierarchy levels and quantitative skills, constantly teaming up with professionals on the organizations served.
• Expert on hard quantitative skills: Monte Carlo simulation, advanced Excel, statistical analysis and forecasting, artificial intelligence, optimization algorithms, financial modeling, project evaluation, database architecture, risk registers, financial risks quantification.
• Persistent, highly energetic personality geared towards obtaining concrete results over timelines and budgets.
He lives and works out of San Jose, Costa Rica.
He has delivered over 430 pieces of training, workshops, and conferences, in three languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese), delivering close to 10,000 hours of consulting and training, in 37 countries and 78 cities for the past 17 years.
Before becoming a consultant and trainer, he developed a 10-year career in corporate finance as CFO in various industries.
● A licentiate degree in Finance Administration - the University of Costa Rica
● A degree in Computer Systems.
● A Fulbright scholar, MBA - Indiana University majoring in Finance & Management Information Systems
Fernando has taught graduate-level courses at prestigious national universities and brokerage academies, including: “Intro to Corporate Finance”, “Financial Simulation”, “Budgeting”, “Capital Structuring”, “Value at Risk” and “Investment Decisions”. He is proud of consistently being named an outstanding trainer and consultant by professionals, colleagues, and students, many times obtaining perfect scores on teaching evaluations.
EXPERTISE IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS
Quantitative Risk Analysis